Terms of Service
DEADLINES AND AD SUBMISSION
- The deadline for booking and submission of ads is always at midday, 7 days prior to the publication date. For avoidance of doubt, our deadlines always fall on a Friday unless otherwise communicated to you via email. Ads must be submitted as a high-res PDF or in TIFF format.
- If we are creating your ad, the deadline is also always at midday, 7 days prior to the publication date. Please submit your artwork (image, text etc) in a high quality format and in a timely manner to enable us to send you a proof.
- Your ad will be placed in the paper at our discretion. We endeavour to move ads around the paper to optimise reader engagement. This is a time-tested approach that has proven to bring a better result to our advertisers.
- Before the booking deadline: You can cancel or postpone your ad placement anytime before the booking deadline (see above for deadline details).
- After the booking deadline: You will be charged the full amount for any cancellation after the booking deadline (see above for deadline details), or for material not received by the deadline that results in the advertising not being able to be printed.
- Cancellation of discounted packages will incur a 30% penalty of the remaining period of the contract.
- Pre-paid contracts will incur a 100% cancellation penalty.
- All invoices are due NET-7 days after the billing date.
- Invoices are generated on a per edition/insertion basis.
- Monthly invoicing is possible for ongoing advertising.
- A pre-payment discount of 5% is available for ongoing advertisers of 6 insertions or more. Payment must be received by the booking deadline (see above for deadline details).
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ADVERTISEMENTS & NOTICES
Devonport Publishing Ltd (the “Company”) accepts all advertisements and notices (“advertisements”) for publication in Devonport Publishing newspapers on the following conditions (which are subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993): (a) the liability of the Company (including the Company’s officers, employees and agents) to the Advertiser or any person for loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from any errors or inaccuracies however caused (including by negligence, system or press failure, mistake, mis-classifications, early, late or non-insertion of advertisements, or loss or delay in the delivery of replies) will be limited to the cost of the space of the advertisement; (b) it is the responsibility of the Advertiser to Advise the Company of any error within three days of the advertisement’s publication and the Company is not responsible for any unnotified errors; (c) the Company accepts no responsibility for any error or inaccuracy in advertisements placed by telephone. The guarantees contained in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are expressly excluded where the Advertiser acquires or holds itself out as acquiring goods or services from the Company for the purposes of a business. The Advertiser, by submitting or authorising submission of an advertisement for publication, indemnifies the Company from and against any proceedings, demands, costs, expenses, damages, penalties, judgements and liabilities of any nature taken, made or awarded against or incurred by the Company arising out of or in connection with the advertisement. The Advertiser warrants and declares that an advertisement’s acceptance, use or publication will not give rise to any claims or liabilities for the Company and, in particular, that nothing in the advertisement infringes the rights of any person, is in full or in part defamatory, is in breach of copyright, trademark or other intellectual or industrial property rights, or is in breach of the provisions of any statute, regulation or rule of law. The Company reserves the right to alter, abbreviate or refuse to publish any advertisement received if, in the Company’s sole opinion, it would be undesirable to publish it.